Paddlesports Coaching was formed by Jon Halden with a simple aim. Provide fun, safe and supportive environment for people to learn how to Kayak, Canoe and Paddleboard (SUP) and is proud to be a British Canoeing Delivery Partner and Award Provider
To become a coach for British Canoeing there is a pre-requisite to have completed a minimum 16hrs first aid course, Foundation Safety Rescue Training, Safeguarding, Core Coach Training, discipline specific training and assessments as well as ongoing CPD (continual professional development). Jon is pleased to have and continues to ensure these are up to date in his professional training.
- White Water Kayak Coach Award (Level 3)
- Sheltered Water Canoe and Kayak Coach (Level 3)
- Advanced White Water Leader Training
- White Water Leader Training / Assessment
- Stand Up Paddleboard Support Module
- Freestyle Support Module
- Paddlesport Instructor (level 1)
British Canoeing Rescue Training Qualifications:
- Foundation Safety Rescue Training (FSRT) Provider
- Advanced White Water Rescue Training
- White Water Rescue Training
- Stadium Safety & Rescue Award
- Foundation safety rescue training
- Level 3 in outdoor first aid
- Coaching the Mind Foundation
- Unfamiliar Environments eLearning
- Swimming Pools Foundation
- Coach Developer eLearning
- Mentoring eLearning
- Safeguarding Training
- British Canoeing Assessor Training
- Assessing Competence in the Paddlesport Environment
- Freestyle Performance Award
- White Water Performance Award
- Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning
- Coaching Young Paddlers Foundation
Please note that whilst this list will be updated as often as possible, it may not be up to date.
All our coaching session are bespoke for the paddler whether they are on Flat, Moving or within a Pool session. These can be arranged solo, duo or groups within deployement guidelines set out by British Canoeing.
White water award provider
Start / Discover / explore provider
I’ve loved my lessons with Jon. Patient and he always made it fun. I was challenged and helped to achieve the goals I had set myself. Total joy and I only wish I could have them more regularly. He has also taken my children out on the water and is great with kids too.
As a complete (and anxious) beginner, I’ve been encouraged to challenge myself with my paddling. Jon shows real patience and, probably more importantly, a great sense of humour in his coaching. I would highly recommend that as a newbie paddler, or a returner, you give Paddlesports Suffolk a ring.
Regular trips will be announced via the Facebook page. Please like this page for the most up-to-date information.
- Paddlesports Coaching
- BritishCanoeing.org.uk/membership – For useful information on membership to British Canoeing and details on how to get a license.
- Paddlesuptraining.com – Providing support and development of paddlers to achieve their goals
- Gopaddling.info – Tips, hint and information on all things paddling including PaddlePoints which is an interactive map with paddling locations